OIT Activity Summary
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) at UC Irvine is responsible for providing support and technical partnership across a broad range of IT domains.
The following report covers the period of fiscal year 2017-18, highlighting a subset of initiatives OIT is involved in working with partners on and off campus. Significant change has occurred during the reporting period, both internal and external to OIT.
At a high level, OIT's activities include but are not limited to:
- Infrastructure (examples: network and telephone services)
- Education (examples: classroom technology and learning management systems)
- Research (example: high-performance computing and research data storage)
- Enterprise Systems (examples: admissions, HR, accounting)
- Central Services (examples: data warehouse, electronic document management)
- Client Services (examples: help desk and desktop support.)
OIT pursues five over-arching, strategic priorities as follows:
- Build out and maintain scalable IT infrastructure and services.
- Support academic goals through educational and research computing initiatives and services.
- Partner with functional units to implement enterprise and unit based applications.
- Evolve as an enterprise IT organization through continual improvement.
- Foster technology innovation and collaboration with campus and externally.